- Website Hosting will not be activated or reactivated without prior payment.
- All hosting fees and domain name renewal fees are due on or before the due date of the renewing account and/or domain name.
- Technical work or requested services will only be implemented once payment for the service has been secured.
- We reserve the right to modify any billing prices.
- Any losses or expenses experienced by the customer, due to actions taken by Sharla’s Web in response to customer non-payment, is not the responsibility of Sharla’s Web.
- Sharla’s Web can receive credit card payments using PayPal and will be processed in Australian dollars.
- Hosting invoices will be sent out 30 (thirty) days before the payment is due.
- Domain invoices will be sent out 30 (thirty) days before the domain is due to expire. Unless you indicate otherwise, we will endeavour to automatically renew the domain two (2) weeks before the domain renewal date.
- If we do not receive your payment by the due date indicated on your invoice, your account will be suspended for non-payment and you will not be able to access your website.
- If we do not receive your payment by the due date for your domain name renewal by your renewal date, the domain will be left to expire and your account will be suspended and you will not be able to access your website.
- If an account has been suspended for non-payment, it will only be reactivated upon payment of all overdue fees and a reactivation fee.
- Once a domain name has been registered or renewed by Sharla’s Web, no refunds will be given for the domain registration or renewal fee.
- The Customer has full ownership rights over any domain name registered or renewed by Sharla’s Web, where the domain registration fees have been paid in full.
- No domain name will be registered or renewed without prior payment of the required fee.
- If we are unable to secure payment before the domain renewal date, the domain will expire and the hosting account will be suspended.
- The domain name may then be released by the Registrar and made available to the general public for re-registration.
- Once a domain has expired, if the registration fee is then paid, we will put in a request with the Registrar to renew and reactivate the domain name.
- Sharla’s Web is not responsible for maintaining the registrant information for domain names.
- Sharla’s Web is not liable for any domain disputes that may arise over changed registrant information for a domain name.
- Sharla’s Web is not responsible for resolving any domain disputes. These issues must be resolved by the parties involved, according to the legal bounds of ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers), the domain name governing body or auDA the domain name governing body for .AU. Sharla’s Web will not act as an arbitrator, but will honor any decisions determined by ICANN or auDA.
Forms of payment
We currently accept PayPal, AU$ direct deposit or AU$ cheque/money order. For your security we do not store Credit Card details on our server. Credit card payments can be made on our website through PayPal secure servers:
- PayPal will be processed in AU$
- Payment by AU$ Cheque, Money Order to:
S A Chapman
PO Box 1394
ORANGE NSW 2800
NB: Please include a copy of your Invoice with your payment or send advice of the payment details to sharlene AT sharlasweb DOT com.
Name: S A Chapman
Bank: Orange Credit Union
BSB: 802 129
Account Number: 34862S1
Description: Invoice [Enter Your Invoice Number]
Customers will be invoiced via email.
Customers needing an additional printed invoice please contact us.
If a chargeback is submitted against a credit card used to purchase service, the account(s) in question will be suspended immediately. The suspended account will only be reactivated once all disputed/refunded fees are resolved satisfactorily, and we receive payment for any and all administrative fees incurred by Sharla’s Web resulting from your dispute or charge-back request.
Accounts that are 30 days overdue will receive a reminder email. If payment, in full, is not received within 7 days of the reminder, the account will be suspended. Accounts which remain suspended more than 2 weeks are subject to termination.
Accounts which are reactivated after having been suspended are subject to a AU$25 account reactivation fee. All costs associated with dishonoured cheques will be charged to the account holder.
Customers may cancel their renewal accounts for hosting and domain names by advising Sharla’s Web in writing or by email at least 30 days prior to the renewal becoming due. If 30 days notice is not received by Sharla’s Web that you wish to cancel your renewal of hosting or domain name then that renewal account will be due and payable.
If you do not wish to continue hosting with Sharla’s Web, or do not wish to renew your domain name, it is your responsibility to contact Sharla’s Web in writing or by email to cancel your account or domain name as per these terms.
Transferring a domain to a new hosting company does not constitute canceling an account with Sharla’s Web.
All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing or by email 30 days in advance of the renewal becoming due. You will need to indicate when you would like to cancel the account and if you are keeping the ownership of the domain name that Sharla’s Web registered for you.
Setup fees, hosting fees and domain registration fees are not refundable unless they have been paid in advance for the year and 30 days notice is given of the cancellation.
Billing policies & prices
We reserve the right to change our policies or prices at any time. Prices are guaranteed for accepted quotes only and are shown in AU$.
Revised: February 2011