All quotes supplied by Sharla’s Web Development (Sharla’s Web) are valid for 1 month only unless stated otherwise on your quote. If the quote is not accepted by signing and returning to Sharla’s Web with a deposit (see “Payment Terms” below) within 1 month of the date of the quote then a new quote must be obtained. Sharla’s Web will never go above a quote unless the client makes additions after the work has been started.
- The client will be invoiced for fifty percent (50%) of the total signed quote and Sharla’s Web requires this amount to be paid before work will commence on the web site.
- The client will be invoiced for the balance owing on completion of the work unless otherwise stated in your quote. Sharla’s Web requires the client to pay the final amount within 7 days from the date of the invoice. Payment must be made in full before the web site is put up “live” on the internet or a copy made available to the client.
- Should Sharla’s Web be unable to complete the web site, within 30 days of the client signing the quote and paying a deposit, due to the client’s inability to supply the necessary documentation, then Sharla’s Web reserves the right to invoice the client for any work completed to date. The client agrees to pay this amount within 7 days of the invoice date.
- Accounts that remain unpaid 14 days after the invoice due date will forfeit all free web site submissions included in the quote.
- Payments can be made by cheque, money order, direct bank deposit or credit card via PayPal.
- Please refer to Billing Policy for further information.
- Should the client wish to cancel his acceptance of the quote then Sharla’s Web will invoice the client for any work completed to date. The minimum cancellation fee will be twenty five percent (25%) of the signed quote.
- The client must advise Sharla’s Web by telephone and in writing of the request not to proceed with work.
Web site Content:
- Clients are required to ensure that the content of their web site meets all the current Australian legislation regarding publications. The client shall further indemnify Sharla’s Web in respect of any claims, costs and expenses that may arise from any material included in their site by Sharla’s Web at the client’s request.
- Sharla’s Web reserves the right not to include any material supplied by the client if Sharla’s Web deems it inappropriate or offensive.
Supply of Information:
Quotes assume that you will provide Sharla’s Web with all information, either in digital or hard copy to enable Sharla’s Web to design, develop and complete the web site
- Hard copy to be provided on white A4 paper in clean typed 12pt-10pt text.
- Good quality brochures/flyers/A4 posters are also acceptable.
- Photos and images should be postcard to A4 size.
- Digital document files are acceptable in the following formats: Microsoft Works, WordPad, Word, Excel, Publisher, .txt, .rtf.
- Image Files are acceptable in the following formats: .gif, .jpg, .tif.
- Multimedia files are acceptable in the following formats: .wav, .mp3, mp4, .mpeg, .wma.
Permissions & Copyrights:
- The client will obtain all the necessary permissions and authorities in respect of the use of all copy, graphics, registered company logos, names and trademarks or any other material supplied by the client.
- Supply of abovementioned material by the client shall be regarded as a guarantee by the client to Sharla’s Web that all such permissions and authorities have been obtained.
- No responsibility will be accepted by Sharla’s Web for damages to or losses incurred by the client from the use of material for which the required permission or authority has not been obtained.
- All original graphics designed and supplied by Sharla’s Web, remain the property of Sharla’s Web until the client’s account has been paid in full, at which time ownership and copyright of said graphics will reside with the client.
Errors & Liabilities:
- Sharla’s Web will use all due care to ensure sites worked on by Sharla’s Web are free of errors.
- Sharla’s Web will correct any errors made by staff of Sharla’s Web in the course of working on a client’s site.
- Sharla’s Web does not accept any responsibility for losses or damage arising from errors within any site or if a site is not placed “live” on the Internet.
Web site Maintenance & Modifications:
- Sharla’s Web will perform regular web site maintenance, if requested, for a yearly or half yearly or casual rate fee. (Please check current prices with Sharla’s Web.) Maintenance will consist of no more than 2 hours per month for the term of the maintenance contract. Hours are not transferable between months and maintenance only includes working on existing material within the site.
- Any additions to the site eg text, pages, photos, graphics, tables, etc, will be charged at an hourly rate with a minimum of one (1) hour.
- Clients requiring maintenance to their site can choose to pay a casual rate for minor modifications if they do not wish to take up one of the half yearly or yearly options (refer to point 4.).
- Minor modifications to your web site will be charged at $50.00 per A4 page. If the web page is substantially modified the fee will be $80 per A4 page. Additional new pages $100 per A4 page.
- Sharla’s Web will not accept any responsibility for any alterations performed by either the client or a third party which cause errors in the site. Such alterations include, but are not limited to, additions, modifications or deletions.
- If Sharla’s Web is required to correct any errors resulting from such alterations, the client will be charged the current hourly rate.
Basic Search Engine Registration – Disclaimer:
- Registering the client’s web site with search engines does not by itself guarantee that all search engines will accept the client’s listing or that the client’s listing will appear in the first 10 listings.
- It can take up to several months for the major search engines to index the client’s web site. An extra fee is required in advance at the current rate of the particular Search Engine for priority placement.
- Search Engine Registration is only one part of the client’s on-line marketing strategy. The client’s web site address should also be included in all the client’s advertising material eg. Letterheads, Business cards and Print/Radio/TV Media.
- Having a link to the client’s web site from as many other Web Sites as possible should also increase the chances of the client’s web site being listed higher in various Search Engines including social media sites like Facebook and Twitter etc.
- Changing a web site periodically will help to ensure Search Engines re-index the Listing.
Internet Service Provider (ISP) Account Setup:
Sharla’s Web prices do not include the client’s account setup and Internet Access Plan with an ISP.
Domain Name Registration:
The registration of a domain name on behalf of the client is subject to the Terms & Conditions for Domain Name Registration available at the individual websites of the Registrar at which the domain name is registered. Payment for Domain Name Registration is to be paid in advance or at the time of the registration.
Domain/Web Site Hosting:
Sharla’s Web is able to arrange the client’s domain/web site hosting for very competitive rates. Hosting Services are subject to the terms and conditions provided on their individual web sites. Payment for hosting is to be paid in advance unless otherwise agreed.
Sharla’s Web Development
ABN 95 568 234 956
PO Box 1394
ORANGE NSW 2800